If you are seeking a cosmetic dentist to perform treatments or procedures to improve your smile, you will want to schedule a consultation with a potential dental professional. Making an informed choice about the doctor you choose is a vital step in ensuring the desired results.
The following is a list of questions you may want to pose during your consultation visit:
- What types of cosmetic procedures are you trained and experienced to perform? Some dentists prefer to specialize in a smaller number of treatments, while others are trained in a broader range of cosmetic procedures. Ideally, the cosmetic dentist you choose should have experience in a range of treatments so that they can address any additional dental issues that may arise.
- What type of treatment would you recommend for my dental issues? A good cosmetic dentist will be able to fully explain any suggested procedures, as well as their reasoning for selecting those treatments.
- What alternatives are there to your recommendation? Your potential cosmetic dentist should be able to offer and explain other options based on your particular case.
- Can you show me examples of your work? A good dentist will be proud to share before and after pictures of previous cases, but make sure that the photos shown are examples of that dentist’s own work. The dentist may also be able to create computer-aided images or models of your potential “after” treatment look.
- What kind of results can I realistically expect? Your cosmetic dentist should be able to discuss the potential outcome of your procedures, including factors that may alter or vary your results.
Making the effort to thoroughly research your potential cosmetic dentist will help to guarantee a positive cosmetic dental experience. Your dental professional should be able to answer these questions to your satisfaction and make you feel comfortable with their expertise in helping you to achieve your desired smile.